So the website is complete. I am just waiting for class on Tuesday to upload the website online.
Things I have learned from this process:
1) Save incessantly. There are two types of people in this world: The ones that lose data and the ones that are about to.
2) Try, try again (and try your website in multiple browsers). It is going to take a lot of attempts to get the page “just right.”
3) Make sure you give everything a unique name. It is really annoying to find the right photo when you have banner01.jpg through banner12.jpg in the same folder.
4) Keep your files and folders organized. Otherwise, it’s like looking for a needle in a haystack.
5) It’s always going to take three times longer to build the website than you think it will.
6) W3 Schools is your friend.
7) Google is also your friend. It knows everything. If you don’t know how to do something, Google it.
8) If there is a website whose design you like, right click on the page and pick “View Page Source.” You can see how the person/organization designed their site.
9) Use tables sparingly.
10) Get creative! You are capable of making a thing of beauty if you use your creativity and spend the time to work on it.
Can’t wait to share the finished website with everyone. Keep your eyes peeled for the post.