Forty-eight hours. I have officially been working on coding my website so far for 2 days, and in the last hour and a half, it has finally started to come along.
I was struggling quite a bit to understand the navigation bar as well as how html/css actually works. I can’t say I’m an expert in either by any stretch of the imagination, but I finally have a skeleton homepage with a working top navigation bar.
My website timeline:
1) Get my top navigation bar working first — the links aren’t pointing at anything yet, but I know they are active. CHECK
2) Get the top navigation bar working — it should be similar to the top navigation bar, so I imagine it will be a closely-related process. TO DO – Week 5
3) Place the rollover button links in the main body of the homepage. TO DO – Week 5
4) Rebuild my buttons for the middle of the homepage in Illustrator as vector images and replace the previous images. TO DO – Week 6
5) Create .html pages for the 18 pages linked from the homepage. TO DO – Week 6
6) Create a background image for these pages. TO DO -Week 6
7) Fill in the content for these pages. TO DO -Week 7
8) Try to break the website and remove kinks in the design. TO DO -Week 7/8
9) Turn in website (& blog)! TO DO -June 28.
This timeline is daunting as I have to complete it in the next month, plus I really need to start working on my dissertation and my radio module. And keep training for Tough Mudder. YIKES!
All right, well freaking out won’t change a thing, so hiddy ho, here I go!